As the seasons change, storm season is always an unknown. With storm season there comes a risk of flash floods and landslides. No matter where you are, SERVPRO of Anchorage wants you to be prepared.
If you hear about a flood in your area, please remember these tips:
- If water enters the building you are in and evacuation becomes impossible, move to an upper floor and wait for rescuers.
- While evacuating, avoid attempting to drive through floods or rising water, nearly half of all flash flood fatalities are auto-related.
- Do not touch electrical equipment if you are wet or standing in water.
- Do not walk through moving water. Even six inches of moving water can make you fall.
- Avoid floodwaters. They may be contaminated by oil, gasoline or raw sewage.
- Stay out of any building if it is surrounded by floodwaters.
- Listen for news reports to learn if the community’s water supply is safe to drink.
- Return only when authorities indicate it is safe.
If you experience storm or flood damage to your home, make sure to call SERVPRO of Anchorage as soon as possible - even without power, we are able to respond 24/7 during storm events. 907-688-3001