When You SHOULD prepare for a Storm
Making sure that your building is prepared before a storm event happens is the best way to minimize damage should such an event occur. Taking the time to make sure pre-storm inspections are completed will pay off in the long run.
- Take a close look at the exterior of the building. Cracks and gaps may develop over time and allow water to enter the structure and cause damage. A visual inspection can usually find these areas and taken care of.
- Check the seal around doors and windows. Gaps around doors and window may allow wind and rain to enter causing water damage to the interior of the structure.
- Check the foundation for areas that water may accumulate water and leak into the building causing structural damage to the foundation.
- Inspect Roofing. Checking the condition of the roof before and after a storm event. While maintenance personal may perform routine inspections having an roofing company maintain and repair should an important part of the structure.
- Test and maintain any backflow prevention valve and sump pump prior to any storm event may allow a backup of this system that can lead to overflows.
After a storm event passes make sure to inspect the entire building for damage. Maintaining your building before a storm event is the best way to minimize any damage that may occur.